A chronic wound is one that does not respond to standard treatment.
At Suffolk Surgical Associates we treat many of the most common types of chronic wounds.
Venous Leg Ulcers
- open wounds between knee and ankle
- caused by injured veins
- most common cause of leg wounds
- may be caused by previous blood clot in vein
- due to poorly controlled diabetes
- most common large toe and bottom of foot
- ulcer occurs due to poor sensation or arterial disease
Pressure Ulcers (Bed Sores)
- caused by prolonged pressure on skin
- most occur over bony surface: hip, ankle, heel, tailbone
- caused by poor blood supply to legs
- occur on toes heel and ankle
- caused by incidental trauma such as scrape or cut or burn
- wounds that fail to heal after surgical procedure
Why Choose Us?
- Elite Hospital Affiliations
- Board Certified Surgeons
- Over 20 Years of Experience
- Customer Service is Our #1 Priority